JellyPages.com

Friday, June 13, 2014

Gothic fashion


So we meet again, little snarklings.

As promised, this week, I’ll be discussing the most important staples in a Gothic wardrobe (completed with pictures from my own Gothic wardrobe, which can be viewed in the My Photos page, (coming soon!!!).

Black leather jacket. This is my all time favorite item in my closet. Some of the details in the sleeves aren’t there any more became they had to be hemmed. I wear my leather jacket just about EVERYWHERE. I jest thee not. School. Work. The vet’s for canine checkups. The doctors for shots (God, how I hate shots). (Need I continue?)

A lace jacket. I’ve been granted the joy of buying one and now, I also wear it everywhere. As my leather jacket, it is an important part of my wardrobe. I can wear it in the summer (because the sleeves are lace and so that allows for me to be nice and cool) or year round (living in Southern California has its perks). Plus, I can toss it on over just about anything and be perfect for an evening out.

Super duper darkwash jeans. I love skinny jeans, but I hate the low rise ones, because I always get a serious case of “plumber’s crack”. So what I do is look for high waist jeans (which is very tricky because it seems as though “plumber’s crack” jeans are in).

Statement t-shirt. I have about a hundred of these things, most of them being from theater shows I’ve seen over the years. My all time favorite is blood red with a picture of Disney’s Tinkerbelle and the words REBEL on top. It is really cute, I swear!!!

Fun, bright colored beanies/ newsboy caps. Fun way to perk up an outfit.

Lace dress. I have about eleven of these, believe it or not! I can wear a lace dress during the day and then convert it to evening wear in a snap.

Vintage dress. I have been looking for the perfect vintage dress for me to wear, and hadn’t had Lady Luck on my side as of yet.

Statement jewelry. For me, this is my black widow spider ring and my skull bracelet.

Lace tights. Perfect for layering under a dress or shorts. These can really punk up any outfit.

Corset. I do not own a corset as of yet, but I am looking into getting one to help me in classical voice training.

Boots. I have about five or six pairs of boots, which I wear all the time. I love boots, they’re comfy and fun to wear.

Leather belt. I have about three or four of these and I pair one with jeans, and another with a dress… the possibilities are endless!

Bell bottom jeans. Since I can’t find any in my size, I make them. I just open the side seams and add in lace and presto!

These are the basic staples in my own Gothic wardrobe. Feel free to experiment with your own unique styles with or without this guide.

Until we meet again. In next week’s post, I shall be going over Gothic books. (This will be a four week series.)

Please feel free to follow the links that I have provided (see below) for more information on this week’s topic or email me at viktoryarozetassi@hotmail.com

And please do not hesitate to inform me of any errors that I make in my posts. I am always more than happy to accept feedback and criticism.


No comments:

Post a Comment